Balance In Motion, Integrated Bodywork
For the whole Family
Therapeutic massage is known as a Complimentary Alternative Medicine (CAM) has grown rapidly in the last 20 or so years and is one of the fastest growing health care professions. It is quickly becoming recognized by many in the healthcare industry as being beneficial for a variety of conditions.
Some of the many benefits of therapeutic massage are it:
* can help a person relax deeply and provide stress reduction.
* can help relieve muscle tension and stiffness
* can help reduce or eliminate muscle spasms or cramps
* can increase joint flexibility and increase range of motion of the joints of the body.
* can Increase efficiency of the movement of the body.
* can help Improve breathing patterns
can help relieve constipation and be helpful with other types of digestive disorders.
* can help reduce blood pressure.
* helps strengthen the immune system
* can help reduce certain types of swelling.
* stimulates endorphin production: a naturally occurring chemical produced by the body It helps reduce our perception of pain.
* can help people who suffer self image anxiety.
* can help reconnect the mind to the body.
* can help with emotional holdings.
* can help reduce mental stress.
* can help repair damage or injuries to the various tissues of the body such a skin, connective tissue (fascia), muscle tissue tendons, ligaments and bones.
There are hundreds of conditions in which massage may be helpful, some of the conditions the results of the studies are well documented. To a large degree a lot of studies and documentation for various conditions are still under way. The best way to determine if therapeutic massage and bodywork may by helpful for you is to:
*ask your doctor or other health care provider about your condition and if massage may be beneficial.
*do your own research there are many online resources where you can seek out information on various conditions.
*call and speak to a licensed therapist or practitioner. they will be able to talk to you about your condition and help you make a decision about whether massage or another type of bodywork may be beneficial.
Call Us: 502-412-3103